Re: 3.0-rc1: powerpc hangs at Kernel virtual memory layout

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Tue May 31 2011 - 20:48:23 EST

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 at 10:25, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Hrm, I had it working on a pair of powerbooks yesterday. Can you try
> something like "udbg-immortal" on your kernel command line to see if
> that makes a difference in the output ?

I'll try in a minute.

In the meantime, "git bisect" behaves kinda weird, I don't know what went
wrong here:

$ git bisect start
$ git bisect good # Linux 2.6.39
$ git bisect bad v3.0-rc1 # Linux 3.0-rc1
$ git bisect bad # c44dead70a...
$ git bisect bad # d93515611b..

...yet the ./Makefile shows[0] that I'm already way behind: 2.6.39-rc2.
Maybe "git bisect" got confused with that whole 2.6.x -> 3.0 renaming?

Christian.

[0] http://nerdbynature.de/bits/3.0-rc1/
--
BOFH excuse #383:

Your processor has taken a ride to Heaven's Gate on the UFO behind Hale-Bopp's comet.