[3.0-rc1] i915: blank screen on Lenovo Ideapad U160

From: Dirk Gouders
Date: Tue May 31 2011 - 14:05:21 EST

Hello,

I tested 3.0.0-rc1 on my notebook which has never been the best friend
of the i915 driver. With linux-2.6.38-gentoo-r4 it has the problem
that the screen remains blank after the lid is closed and reopened, but
that problem I can live with. With 3.0.0-r1 I am back to a former
problem that the screen goes (and remains) blank while booting.

The next step I will do is to test linux-2.6.39-gentoo, probably I
did not notice information that I have to adjust boot parameters or the
kernel config?

Best regards,

Dirk