Re: Linux 3.0-rc1

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Mon May 30 2011 - 11:07:58 EST

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 03:59:28AM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > So no ABI changes, no API changes,
>
> Well, actually there is one. ;-) The shutdown/suspend/resume callbacks have
> been removed from struct sysdev_class and struct sysdev_driver.

And there's another one. The function tracer now allows different users
to pick different functions to trace! We don't actually have any true
users of that yet (perf will be the first, hopefully in 3.1), but it is
a new feature.

> Not that this is important to anyone except for the 10 people or so who care,
> but still. :-)

I think you have 9 more people that care about your change than mine ;)

-- Steve