Re: option driver, ZTE MF_330 matches linux usb 2.0 root hub

From: Michael Tokarev
Date: Fri May 27 2011 - 02:19:48 EST

27.05.2011 09:40, PaweÅ Drobek wrote:
> I have got device with this ID's and you are right ID2 is usb2 hub id
> but when you put my device into computer with this settings my device
> report it self as gsm modem based on option.ko module. as far i know
> there are no other solution to get working zte 330 on linux.

Can you please provide the information Greg asked?

> I don't know, PaweÅ, can you provide the output of 'lsusb -v' for your
> system where you saw this being a option device instead of a hub?

Namely, `lsusb -v' output from the system when this
modem is inserted.

At least, maybe this device ID should be restricted to
the particular class of devices. Alternatively, if number
of such devices on the marked is small (google wasn't able
to find any other references), it should be easy to control
it using a custom udev rule that loads `option' driver and
forcibly binds it to this device. That is, by the way, an
alternative solution to make it work.

But it is curious that ZTE used "wrong" vendor class for
its product.

Thanks!

/mjt