Re: linux-next: Tree for May 26 (drivers/net/caif)

From: Sjur BrÃndeland
Date: Thu May 26 2011 - 17:15:40 EST

Hi Randy,

[Randy]
> (not new)
>
> drivers/net/caif/caif_serial.c:194: warning: 'return' with no value, in function returning non-void
> drivers/net/caif/caif_serial.c:202: warning: 'return' with no value, in function returning non-void
>

> I'm curious: Âhow do warnings like this get overlooked?
> too much noise in the build messages? Âor it wasn't overlooked, just ignored?

The patch introducing this problem is "tty: make receive_buf()
return the amout of bytes received" by Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx>.
It seems that this patch has been posted to linux-serial and not to
the netdev list or the gits net-next-2.6 or net-2.6 that I follow.
It's probably no excuse, but this problem is news to me.

Should I post a patch on linux-next anyway for this issue?

Regards,
Sjur