Re: no sound in current -git

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Thu May 26 2011 - 02:19:19 EST

On 05/25/2011 10:11 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 12:33:38AM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

> > sound over here is out as well on a macbook pro. seems gnome shell
> > didn't like whats being merged with the current Mainline i.g. no sound
> > bluetooth applet missing. will bisect when I get a chance.
>
> Maybe it was this that just got merged.. (building now)
>
> commit 4db70f73e56961b9bcdfd0c36c62847a18b7dbb5
> Author: Eric Paris<eparis@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed May 25 19:49:18 2011 -0700
>
> tmpfs: fix XATTR N overriding POSIX_ACL Y

Yep. That fixes sound for me.
Sorry for the false alarm Takashi!

Dave

hmm.. pulled and noticed the above with git log, then did git revert for the above, built, but still no sound. will do a bisect in the morning or later on.

last good kernel is:
2.6.39-02667-g71a8638
so the bisect shouldn't take too long(but then again!)

Justin P. Mattock