Re: Question about iommu on x86_64 and radeon driver.

From: Daniel Haid
Date: Wed May 25 2011 - 06:00:42 EST

I added it originally. The VIA chipset seems to hang on most
DMAs through the IOMMU, so it was disabled.

I see. Now, maybe this will not work for some reason, but
would it be possible to somehow disable both IOMMU and SWIOTLB
and tell all drivers only to do DMA with the lower 4GB of memory?

Unfortunately simply turning "iommu=off" does not work for me
as the sata and pata drivers stop working.