Re: Resume Issues :Exec of NX page, Synaptics Botchup

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun May 22 2011 - 19:44:22 EST

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Parag Warudkar <parag.lkml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now I get a different call trace for the same NX error. (And Synaptics is
> completely dead this time - not attributable to the patch, it was dumb
> luck perhaps that it wored last time.)

Just because I'm crazy, can you double-check that you applied my patch
and booted the right kernel?

Because that NX error *really* looks like the call to setup_smep(),
and the eip still very much looks like something jumped to the
"__init" region, not the "__cpuinit" region.

That backtrace really still looks like the same thing.

Oh, and you should do

-static int disable_smep __initdata;
+static int disable_smep __cpuinitdata;

too, I guess. Not that it should matter for this particular oops.

Linus