Re: [RFC/PATCH 01/13] net: wl12xx: sdio: id_tables should be __devinitconst

From: Ohad Ben-Cohen
Date: Fri May 20 2011 - 12:02:41 EST

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 12:26 AM, Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> That's only needed during init anyway, let's free
> some space after we're done probing.

sdio devices are dynamically created whenever the hw is plugged into
the mmc slot by the user. that can happen anytime while the system is
up, not only during init.

> -static const struct sdio_device_id wl1271_devices[] = {
> +static const struct sdio_device_id wl1271_devices[] __devinitconst = {

it looks to me that sdio_match_device is going to be surprised if
->id_table won't be valid.

i wouldn't do this, unless you have a good explanation otherwise.