Re: How to establish a priority to an interrupt handler

From: Clemens Ladisch
Date: Wed May 18 2011 - 03:59:33 EST

Monica Puig-Pey wrote:
> I'm developing a PCI device driver using hardware interrupts.
> I would like to give a priority chosen by me to my IRQ handler,

Please note that
1) priorities are relative to the other priorites currently in use,
so assigning a fixed priority does not make sense unless you know
all the other priorites; and
2) it is the job of the administrator, not of the driver writer, to
determine which device gets the highest priority.

Regards,
Clemens