Re: [patch V3] percpu_counter: scalability works

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Tue May 17 2011 - 09:00:34 EST

Le mardi 17 mai 2011 Ã 14:45 +0200, Tejun Heo a Ãcrit :

> Given that _sum() is super-slow path and we have a lot of latitude
> there,

Absolutely not. Its slow path yes, but not super-slow.

Dont change rules now ;)

Take a look at include/net/tcp.h and commit ad1af0fedba14f82b
(tcp: Combat per-cpu skew in orphan tests.)

If you guys make percpu_counter much slower, we'll just remove its use
in network stack, and there will be not a lot of users left.