Re: locks inside receive_buf

From: Pavan Savoy
Date: Tue May 17 2011 - 07:30:14 EST

<snip....>
Well apparently I can't sleep long enough, as in from inside the
tty_receive() I cannot do a tty->ops->write and wait for receive() -
since there is 1 receive_buf for 1 tty ....

Well I do have a requirement, where I must send some data from inside
the receive_buf function of a line discipline driver wait for a
certain kind of response and then proceed doing something else.

scheduling a work upon the default worker thread also doesn't seem to
be helping and the tty_receive() handler is called only after the wait
inside the work struct handler is done...

So any suggestions?
should I create a new worker thread ? or any thing simpler ?