Re: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the wireless tree

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue May 17 2011 - 04:10:29 EST

* Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> On Tue, 17 May 2011 00:05:58 -0700 "Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > One of these is mine in -tip (0744371aeb). Please let me know what
> > I should be doing about it.
>
> In this case, I would say absolutely nothing (assuming I did the
> resolution correctly) :-) If I can figure it out, Linus can as well and
> will do so when these trees hit his in a week or so.

Yeah. The two trees are doing different things, and both commits are within
their own scopes - so this conflict is a natural (and as it seems, mostly
contextual) conflict, not a workflow messup.

If such conflicts become too numerous then it would make sense to first push
rcu_kfree() interface upstream and propagate all the fixlets via the individual
maintainer trees.

I don't think that's necessary: so far the fallout appears to be limited, but
Stephen will (or should :-) tell us if a conflicts become too painful for him.

Thanks,

Ingo