Re: bug in select(2) regarding non-blocking connect(2) completion?

From: Michael Shuldman
Date: Sat May 07 2011 - 12:06:42 EST

Eric Dumazet wrote,
> Well, if you missed the original error report, all next getpeername()
> and SO_ERROR will do the same, and select() says fd is ready for 'write'

Many thanks for that. I was not aware that SO_ERROR would not get
set if the connect(2) failed "permanently" immediately, but have
now tested that it does. The other "strangeness" might very well
be caused by bugs related to this, so apologies for the noise and
many thanks for the help.

With kind regards,

--
_ //