AMD C1E issue? 2.6.38.4

From: Udo van den Heuvel
Date: Sat May 07 2011 - 09:45:40 EST

Hello,

Saw these in my messages after enabling C1E on my new Jetway Mini-ITX board:

# microcode_ctl -u
microcode_ctl: writing microcode (length: 430080)
microcode_ctl: error writing to '/dev/cpu/microcode' errno=22 (Invalid
argument)
microcode_ctl: there may be messages from the driver in your system log.

microcode: AMD microcode update via /dev/cpu/microcode not supported
microcode: AMD microcode update via /dev/cpu/microcode not supported

This is on kernel.org 2.6.38.4 on AMD Athlon II X2 235e on JNC84E-LF
board, Fedora 14 for most of the rest of the stuff.

Anybody can tell why the update cannot work?
The previous board (JNC81) did not show these but also did not have C1E
in BIOS as far as I recall.

Please explain.

Kind regards,
Udo