Re: USB keyboard recognized as HID keyboard but doesn't work

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Fri May 06 2011 - 08:58:24 EST

On Tue, 3 May 2011, Alan Stern wrote:

> > Do you know of a way for me to tell the kernel/usbhid to use interface 1
> > and ignore interface 0?
>
> Well, you can always unbind interface 0 from usbhid -- it corresponds
> to the 2-1.1:1.0 file in /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usbhid/. If you do that,
> you'll probably find the few keys which _do_ currently work suddenly
> stop working.
>
> But there's nothing to be done immediately about interface 1; usbhid is
> _already_ using it. It just isn't using it correctly.

Adi,

could you please provide output of

cat /syse/kernel/debug/hid/<keyboard>/rdesc

anytime after the keyboard has been plugged, and

cat /syse/kernel/debug/hid/<keyboard>/events

from the time you press any of the working and non-working keys? (both
cases will be interesting).

Oh, and the above assumes that you have debugfs mounted under
/sys/kernel/debug.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina