Re: iotop: khugepaged at 99.99% (2.6.38.X)

From: Thomas Sattler
Date: Thu May 05 2011 - 18:04:23 EST

It happened again: This time with 2.6.38.4 after 13 days uptime.
In fact it was "13 days after last boot", since this machine is
hibernated quite often. I waited only two minutes before I run
'reboot' as root.

> Please next time can you run SYSRQ+t too in addition of SYSRQ+l?

See http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=XnXXfC40 (It seems to me SYSRQ+l
did not work at all? And does also not work on 2.6.38.5?)

see http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Zuv0VnUP for 'top/iotop'

> You can run also a "ps xal" to see the actual scheduler task
> state.

I had no access to my mails and forgot to run 'ps xal'. :-(

> If we understand what it is, it'll be easy to tell if it was already
> fixed in 2.6.38.4 but I doubt unless it's not related to MM.

Definitely not fixed in 2.6.38.4.

Thomas