Re: 2.6.39-rc4+: oom-killer busy killing tasks

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Wed May 04 2011 - 22:07:34 EST

On Thu, 5 May 2011 at 09:15, Dave Chinner wrote:
> I'll push the fix through the XFS tree to mainline. Thanks for all
> your effort helping me understand and debug the problem, Christian.

OK, I gave it some more testing and compiled the kernel wit UP and
TINY_RCU again and with your patch applied to -rc6 I could not reproduce
the issue any more. Plain -rc6 still has the OOM problem.

Feel free to add:

Tested-By: Christian Kujau <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Again, thanks so much for staying with me and guiding me through all the
debug steps. And all your effort fixing such a rare setup. I hope more
people will share the joy :-)

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #164: