Re: 2.6.38: rt2800usb: driver is crashing the kernel

From: Jools Wills
Date: Tue May 03 2011 - 09:37:31 EST

in case it is useful:

I am currently using the vendor driver on a device I have (O2 Joggler).
The rt2800usb driver didn't work well and the staging rt2870sta driver
didn't seem to work with wireless N and users reported to me that it
drops the connection and is unreliable. The vendor driver does seem to
work best.

I made a debian package (using dkms) of the vendor driver on my joggler
ppa. tested working wiht 2.6.37/2.6.38

https://launchpad.net/~jools/+archive/joggler

note it doesn't automatically install the newer firmware so that will
need to be done manually.

Best Regards

Jools