Re: Allow setting of number of raw devices as a module parameter

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue May 03 2011 - 05:42:22 EST

> So if people don't like vmalloc() (which I can understand), then I see no
> other option than dynamically allocating struct raw_device_data.

That gets rather more complicated.

So yes I agree your question is a good one - for smaller sizes I'd rather
see it from the kmalloc/static pool but for small sizes it also doesn't
matter much anyway.

Objection rescinded - I think you've proved convincingly that the only
way to sort it properly is horribly complicated