Re: 2.6.39-rc5-git2 boot crashs

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Sat Apr 30 2011 - 14:44:46 EST

On 04/30/2011 11:31 AM, werner wrote:
Since years it's all the time that I compile the kernel with everything
enabled, because these kernel builds are for a distro, and should work
on any computer. Normally, things going stable at -rc3 or -rc4 , often
already at -rc2.

Beside of with my computer, essentially the same problems also happens
with a laptop of a friend.

Also, a big problem are the (after-boot-) crashs if zipping / unzipping
big files. Packages I can build only with 2.6.38.4, not with 2.6.39-rcX

Below is the diff between the config of 2.6.38.4 and 2.6 39-rc5-git3 .
You could inspect them what potentially could explain the reported
problems. But I think at least the problems which happens on my
computer, and on that of the friend, are regressions, because none of
the new staging drivers we use.

wl

make localmodconfig for a small .config and also use some kind of early debugger(under kernel hacking) to grab the crash info so linus can see the problem.

Justin P. Mattock