Re: re-enable Nehalem raw Offcore-Events support

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Fri Apr 29 2011 - 14:00:06 EST

Hi Vince!

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Vince Weaver <vweaver1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Work "with" Ingo?  That's turned out well so far.  I'm sure certain
> scheduler people could comment here too on where that gets you.

Yeah, that Ingo dude is really impossible to work with (as are most
kernel maintainers)! I've personally been so unfortunate that I've
never had any problems but it must be my bad attitude to working with
other people and actually listening to them. :-(

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Vince Weaver <vweaver1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The kernel I run is "Linux" not "Ingoix".  So I await a comment from Linus
> on this issue.  If it turns out that he's happy with Ingo's work, fine.
> It just means I'll have to start maintaining some perf counter related
> patches out of tree for those of us who actually like having control on
> what we're measuring.

Well, it's not Ingoix but Ingo gets to maintain your ABI long after
you're gone while Linus can just sit back, relax, and have a drink. So
I think it'd be fair to at least _pretend_ you care what Ingo thinks
about perf ABIs, no?

Pekka