EFF's Open Wireless Movement - solutions for Linux 802.11 APs

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Thu Apr 28 2011 - 13:05:34 EST

The EFF announced an effort and desire to promote open wireless
networks instead of closed encrypted networks to help users with
connectivity. They have come up with some alternative proposals and
challenges which they are asking for review / help on. As far as Linux
is concerned I've started a wiki [2] to cover what we can do for
802.11 Linux based APs. Feel free to extend the wiki as you see fit
and / or subscribe for changes.

[1] https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/04/open-wireless-movement
[2] http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/OpenWirelessMovement

Luis