RE: [RFC/PATCH v3 2/5] uas: MS UAS Gadget driver - Infrastructure

From: Tanya Brokhman
Date: Thu Apr 28 2011 - 01:53:35 EST

Hi All

> Since Tanya is writing the gadget driver, she gets to decide how many
> streams it will support (limited by the device controller hardware).
> In this setting I would use one thread per stream, since a thread can't
> have more than one VFS read or write request outstanding at any time.
>
> Except that, as Christoph has mentioned a few times, it would be better
> to abandon this driver design entirely and use the SCSI Target
> framework instead. Then presumably threads would not be an issue.
>
> Alan Stern

Thank you very much for you inputs and help! I'm not familiar with the SCSI
Target framework Christoph referred me too so I postponed looking into that
until the driver is stable. Well, I guess that time has come so I'll switch
over to studying that and applying it to the UAS gadget driver.

Best regards,
Tanya Brokhman
Consultant for Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum