Re: [tip:x86/urgent] x86, setup: When probing memory with e801, useax/bx as a pair

From: Chris Samuel
Date: Tue Apr 26 2011 - 23:30:53 EST

Hi Ingo,

On 26/04/11 18:12, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> Just asking, does the box now boot to user-space, or are there other
> regressions left?

Well I now have to boot the box with "noapic" otherwise I hit
IRQ problems in the e100 and aic7xxx drivers, they report:

can't find IRQ for PCI INT A; probably buggy MP table

Even with "noapic" the user space seems to try and load the
software RAID before the SCSI driver resulting in it timing
out locating the root filesystem and resetting the box. I
suspect that may be an initramfs issue though..

cheers,
Chris
--
Chris Samuel : http://www.csamuel.org/ : Melbourne, VIC