Re: r8712u cannot set essid

From: Larry Finger
Date: Tue Apr 26 2011 - 16:12:47 EST

On 04/26/2011 02:30 PM, Jeff Chua wrote:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:24 AM, Jeff Chua<jeff.chua.linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I hacked it a bit more, and now, it's all working. I'll send you the
patch shortly. Adhoc mode works now, and I've confirmed that my iPhone
can connect to it, get an IP and surf the net! The device is so tiny
and was contemplating on trying another brand.

Larry,

Here's the patch for adhoc mode. This should work. Just remember to
set wpa_supplicant's ap_scan to either 1 or 2 (faster association). 0
does not seem to work.

Thanks. Is this in addition to my previous patch, or is this one enough by itself?

Larry