Re: [RFC/PATCH 2/2] slub: Don't share struct kmem_cache for sharedcaches

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Mon Apr 25 2011 - 15:09:31 EST

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, Pekka Enberg wrote:

> This patch changes the slab cache sharing in SLUB to only share 'struct
> kmem_cpu_cache' which contains the actual list of slabs and object freelists.
> We no longer share 'struct kmem_cache' between merged caches so /proc/slabinfo
> statistics work as expected:

I am a bit confused. Struct kmem_cache contains per slab
allocation information and all pages have pointers to struct kmem_cache.

So we have pages now on the kmem_cache_cpu list with varying kmem_cache
pointers? How do we figure out which cache a page belongs to? It seems
that a page from one cache can be freed to the freelists of another.

Does this even run right with the debugging enabled?