Re: yenta cardbus problem

From: Dominik Brodowski
Date: Mon Apr 25 2011 - 10:01:09 EST

Hey,

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 02:36:15PM +0200, Germán Sanchis wrote:
> In my old laptop I had a PCMCIA Creative SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS
> notebook card in order to get my external speakers working. When I
> bought a new laptop, I found out that my old PCMCIA card did not fit
> in any hole any more... damn! So, I decided to buy a PCMCIA to
> ExpressCard adapter. Specifically, I bought DuelAdapter, but I don't
> seem to be able to get it working. It does work properly in the Vista
> installation my laptop has since I bought it, so a hardware problem is
> out of question. I have been doing quite a lot of googleing, but I am
> puzzled and don't know what the issue might be. Here a couple of
> things which I think could be related.

First of all, does passing "override_bios=1" as a module parameter
to the yenta_socket module help?

> lspci reports:
> ""
> 05:00.0 PCI bridge: Texas Instruments XIO2000(A)/XIO2200(A) PCI
> Express-to-PCI Bridge (rev 03)
> 06:00.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller
> ""
>
> (no sound card!)

What does "lspci -vvv" report?

> Note that the adapter has a switch, which is intended to be in
> "position A" for MacOS, and in "position B" for Windows XP (although
> my Vista system recognised it perfectly in position A). Under linux,
> lspci reports the above devices with the switch in A position, and in
> B the devices do not show up.

Could you send us a full "dmesg" with the switch in the A and one with the
switch in the B position, preferrably with ddebug_query="module yenta_socket +p"
added as boot parameter?

> In addition, yenta seems not to be very happy with the setup:
>
> ""
> $ dmesg | grep yenta
> [ 21.098659] yenta_cardbus 0000:05:00.0: No cardbus resource!
> ""

Was this with or without the "pci=assign-busses" parameter?

Best,
Dominik