Re: back to life (mostly)

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Sun Apr 24 2011 - 22:47:50 EST

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, Al Viro wrote:

> I'd been offline since Mar 25 for a very nasty reason - popped
> aneurism in right choroid arthery. IOW, a hemorrhagic stroke. A month
> in ICU was not fun, to put it very mildly. A shitty local network hadn't
> been fun either... According to the hospital folks I've ended up
> neurologically intact, which is better (for me) than expected.
>
> Said state is unlikely to continue if I try to dig through ~15K
> pending messages in my mailbox; high pressure is apparently _the_ cause
> for repeated strokes. So what I'm going to do is
> a) delete all pending mail
> b) ask people to resend anything important that would get lost in
> process.
>
> If/when I end up kicking the bucket (which looked like a very real
> possibility for a while during these weeks), as far as I'm concerned hch
> inherits the fun job of holding the hordes of morons off and keeping VFS
> alive.

Glad to hear you made it.

Tone down work. Focus on family an friends - don't get stressed.
I myself was hospitalized for several weeks a couple of years back, due to
a severe case of colitis ulcerosa that came close to killing me - which my
doctors told me was triggered by stress (and now a cronic thing I have to
wory about), so I can somewhat relate.

Glad to have you back, but seriously, don't risk your health on your work.

--
Jesper Juhl <jj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://www.chaosbits.net/
Don't top-post http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/T/top-post.html