brctl + broadcom wireless card == bug ?

From: Daniel Hilst Selli
Date: Fri Apr 22 2011 - 01:05:11 EST

Here is the thing

I create a bridge with
brctl addbr br0

make it up
ifconfig br0 promisc up

Hi people I'm having trouble to setting an bridge configuration. Seams
that brctl crashes my wl module.

Here is what I do..
add my wireless eth to it
brctl addif eth1 br0

and then try to get an ip from router
dhcpcd br0

What's happen here? I get an timeout error

Then I search in my wpa_gui, try to reconnect and get 'Association request to the driver failed'
and can't connect. So I do `modprobe -r wl && modprobe wl` that seams to work (I can connect) but after such
the eth1 seams to auto-detach from br0. To make it short..

brctrl addif eth1 br0 => breaks my wl module
modprobe -r wl && modprobe wl => makes eth1 desapear from br0

Seems a deadlock for me :-(

Details:
- my card is a broadcom: 12:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Device 4727 (rev 01)
- the module is the broadcom proprietary module
- I'm using gentoo 2.36: Linux gentoo 2.6.36-gentoo-r8 #2 SMP Thu Apr 21 11:46:16 BRT 2011 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

--
"Do or do not... there is no try" Yoda Master