"man acl" contains wrong information. It could be a kernel bug.

From: crocket
Date: Tue Apr 19 2011 - 20:48:04 EST

"CHANGES TO THE FILE UTILITIES" section in "man acl" is largely wrong.

I know that it should be mentioned in coreutils mailing list, but I
think kernel could be related, too.
1) Files don't have default ACL.
2) -p flag of cp is written to preserve ACL. But whose ACL does it preserve?
Is it destination directory's ACL or original file's ACL?
3) mv is said to preserve ACL. Does it mean the moved file's ACL or
destination directory's ACL?

Could it be a kernel bug that cp doesn't respect destination directory's ACL?