Re: Suspend/resume - slow resume

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Mon Apr 18 2011 - 14:17:25 EST

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> :
[lots of silly bugs]

Ok. it should be fixed for wednesday.

[...]
> - unload not on close, but on device unregister (iow not when you do
> "ifconfig eth0 down", but when the "eth0" device really goes away)

Without further action, the firmware(s) will thus be locked in until the
driver is removed.

> But as mentioned, the above is (a) just my gut feel - please discuss -
> and (b) I really think that leaving this to the network driver has
> been shown to continually result in the drivers doing the firmware
> load/unload in all the wrong places.

As long as it can be fixed... If the 60s delay is removed and the firmware

If someone can tell me where Realtek's firmware should be sent to as David
W. seems to be busy, it will be perfect.

--
"Lack of vision" Ueimor