Re: WARNING at libata-core.c:5015 in 2.6.39-rc3-wl+, then lockup.(bisected)

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Apr 15 2011 - 13:57:36 EST

On 04/15/2011 01:03 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
Ok, it took a while, but I think I have this thing somewhat bisected.

Starting at commit 4cc4d24efce4672f9b0e7fa27963770ae602998f, I see
hard-drive
issues. Commits right before this (in git bisect) crash in the
networking code
quite often, but the hard-drive logic seems to work at least.

In later builds (ie, -rc3), the crashes and warnings are different, but
they have something to do with the file system. It's difficult to bisect
it any better because of all the instability...

Here are some console logs from a
4cc4d24efce4672f9b0e7fa27963770ae602998f boot:

(linux-ide added to CC)

hmmm... that's a merge commit. Any chance you could mark an individual commit bad, to narrow things down a bit more? Run "git help bisect" and check out helpful sections "Avoiding testing a commit" and "Bisect skip".

Jeff