Re: trace-cmd errors on kvm events

From: David Ahern
Date: Fri Apr 08 2011 - 19:26:50 EST

On 04/08/11 15:18, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Let me check... indeed, I'm getting the same file-not-found here with
> trace-cmd.git 9cce1c9b5b when starting it directly from its build directory.
>
> But maybe your trace-cmd or kernel versions are too old / incompatible.
> I'm not getting complaints about unparseable events with the above
> snapshot and 2.6.38.

2.6.38.2 kernel, trace-cmd 3e8b5b8 which is March 18 (though git pull
done this morning).

For grins I checked-out 9cce1c9b5b and same error:
trace-cmd record -e kvm -- sleep 1
trace-cmd report 2>&1 | less

You do have to put stderr onto stdout to see the messages I reported
earlier. Or look for [FAILED TO PARSE] on the kvm_exit and
kvm_emulate_insn lines.

David