Re: [ANNOUNCE] Native Linux KVM tool

From: gene heskett
Date: Fri Apr 08 2011 - 15:48:59 EST

On Friday, April 08, 2011, Scott Wood wrote:
>On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 21:14:06 -0500
>
>Anthony Liguori <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If someone was going to seriously go about doing something like this, a
>> better approach would be to start with QEMU and remove anything non-x86
>> and all of the UI/command line/management bits and start there.
>>
>> There's nothing more I'd like to see than a viable alternative to QEMU
>> but ignoring any of the architectural mistakes in QEMU and repeating
>> them in a new project isn't going to get there.
>
>Supporting only a single architecture sounds like a significant
>architectural mistake... only x86 deserves clean code?
>
>-Scott

Speaking as someone who hasn't a hand on either end of the oar in this
effort, please folks, the choice of "KVM" as a name for this project is
very poor, mainly because it has already been taken by the very commonly
used little hardware switch that allows one Keyboard, Video, Mouse kit on
the desktop to service 2 or more computers under the desk. To all the Joe
Sixpacks out there who hear that name, and go looking for the box with the
pushbottons on it to switch computers, it is bound to be very confusing.
Surely there is a short, descriptive name for this that isn't "KVM"?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)