Re: [Libusb-devel] Kernel bug message and missing data on libusb_interrupt_transfer

From: Oncaphillis
Date: Fri Apr 08 2011 - 05:07:17 EST

On 04/06/2011 12:37 PM, Oncaphillis wrote:
On 04/05/2011 04:42 PM, Alan Stern wrote:
On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, Oncaphillis wrote:

On 04/05/2011 04:13 PM, Alan Stern wrote:
On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, Oncaphillis wrote:

Now I get

<snip>
------------[ cut here ]------------
kernel BUG at mm/slub.c:2808!
invalid opcode: 0000 [#2] SMP
Can you duplicate this using either a 2.6.37 or 2.6.38 kernel?

Alan Stern

The highest kernel version we've tried (as far as i remember) was the
2.6.36. Have there been issues which might have been solved betwen 36
and 3(7|8) ?
I don't know. But the core kernel developers always want to hear about
problems reported against the most recent version possible. If you
could test 2.6.39-rc1 (or -rc2, which should be released in a day or
so), that would be even better.
Ok -- kernel 2.6.38.2 together with libusb-1.0.8 seems to behave well.
This was only a minimal overnight test. Not the full functionality we
are trying to implement. But it looks promising.

Thank you

O.

Just a short update,

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the libsub-1.0.x) version but
with the --(enable|disable)-timerfd option of libusb configure. If libusb was
configured with --disable-timerfd, which was the case for our 1.0.6 libusb
I get the kernel bug message in in slub.c module and eventually a
kernel freeze. This holds true for libusb-1.0.8 and kernel 2.6.38.2

O.

I'll give it a try.
Thanks.

Alan Stern