Re: [GIT PULL] omap changes for v2.6.39 merge window

From: Linus Walleij
Date: Tue Apr 05 2011 - 18:16:31 EST

2011/4/5 Santosh Shilimkar <santosh.shilimkar@xxxxxx>:
> [Me]
>> (And third it will also eventually need to hook into the timer-based
>> delay framework that I think Nokia is working on to be really
>> useful, else all delays become unpredictable.)
>>
> Do you mean udelay()/mdelay() here ?

Yes. Stephen Boyd from Qualcomm has floated patches to fix it for the
ARM architecture, I just pushed him again. We use it in our
ST-Ericsson products.

Ideally you'd want that to go along with the A15 timer stuff so that this
monotonic high-precision timer is also used for udelay()/mdelay().

Yours,
Linus Walleij