[SUBMIT REQUEST] cpupowerutils for linux-next

From: Thomas Renninger
Date: Mon Apr 04 2011 - 09:11:14 EST

Hi,

this is about the recently announced cpupowerutils project
based on or say an enhancement of the well know
cpufrequtils project:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/cpufreq/msg02137.html

It's basically cpufrequtils with some cpuidle info additions
and the Intel only turbostat tool merged into it in a way
that it can easily get extended for other HW (and got extended
with some AMD facilities).

As there is tools/power/x86 for some time, it would be very
convenient to get cpupowerutils merged into linux-next (for now)
into the tools/power/cpupower directory:
Most of it is directly based on the cpufreq/cpuidle kernel
subsystem and the output gathered by it should be attached
to any CPU frequency/idle related kernel bug.

Dominik was so kind to add the stuff to his pcmcia git tree
as cpupowerutils branch.
Therefore, this can easily be added by pulling from:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/brodo/pcmcia-2.6.git cpupowerutils

Even the MAINTAINERS file got adjusted already (thanks!):
CPU POWER MONITORING SUBSYSTEM
M: Dominik Brodowski <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
M: Thomas Renninger <trenn@xxxxxxx>
S: Maintained
F: tools/power/cpupower

Stephen: I added lkml, linux-pm lists and kernel people I know
working in this area. Please tell me if you can/will just
pull this or whatever you need to make it happen.

Thanks,

Thomas