Re: [ANNOUNCE] Native Linux KVM tool

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Sun Apr 03 2011 - 06:23:04 EST

On 04/03/2011 01:17 PM, Pekka Enberg wrote:
Hi Avi,

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Avi Kivity<avi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> SMP, networking, and simpler guest to host communication from shell
>> are most interesting missing features for me.
>
> If it is to be more than a toy, then Windows (really generic guest) support,
> manageability, live migration, hotplug, etc. are all crucial.

It's definitely not a toy, it's my main virtualization tool of choice
for kernel development! ;-)

The features you mention are crucial for servers but not for desktop.
I personally don't have much need for managing and live-migrating
Windows guests but if someone is interested in working on that, we're
happy to take patches!

Well, I'd say you do need generic guest support for desktop (but not the other stuff I mentioned). Are you planning to add a real GUI?