Re: [GIT pull] irq cleanups for .39

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Mar 28 2011 - 15:59:24 EST

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thomas Gleixner (1):
>      vlynq: Convert irq functions

Can we please not use those irritating "LKML-Reference" lines in the commits?

The things are a pain. They don't work for google, they don't work for
sh*t. They end up being effectively just random noise.

Either don't do them at all, or put a real pointer to a lkml archive
that is actually *useful* - even if people might worry that it isn't
going to be around forever. Eg something like

http://lkml.org/lkml/2011/3/28/439

or similar.

Who has _ever_ found a use for those email ID's? I don't know who
started doing this, but please stop it.

Linus