Re: [Patch] acpi: introduce "acpi_addr=" parameter for kdump

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Wed Mar 23 2011 - 13:43:09 EST

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 09:36:33PM -0700, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Len Brown <lenb@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > This should also be [KEXEC], and the code should be #ifdef CONFIG_KEXEC
> > so that sane people can exclude it from their kernels.
>
> So far sane people don't use EFI on x86 so that is easy enough.

This year's Lenovos and Dells (at least) boot EFI by default. While I'd
love to see everybody involved in EFI be relocated to a single small
island without any ability to communicate with the rest of the world,
it's unfortunately a reality and we have to deal with it.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx