Re: Any USB gadget AIO interface users?

From: Jeff Moyer
Date: Wed Mar 23 2011 - 10:34:23 EST

Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Has anyone successfully used the asynchronous I/O gadgetfs interface
> before? Specifically, has anyone used it for high-bandwidth isochronous
> traffic?
>
> I ask because I remember discovering about four years ago that there
> were several brain-twisty bugs in the in-kernel asynchronous I/O layer
> that gadgetfs uses.

Weren't they addressed? And are you looking to use the gadgetfs aio
interface now, or are you looking to get rid of it? In other words,
what's the real motivation behind the question?

> The AIO core also seemed to be largely unmaintained. Is this still
> true?

Surely you should at least cc the aio list when asking such a question!
Anyway, the aio core is maintained by several folks, but nobody is doing
active development in that area, to my knowledge.

Cheers,
Jeff