Re: [GIT PULL] TPM driver robustness fixes

From: Peter Huewe
Date: Tue Mar 22 2011 - 08:58:25 EST

Hi James,

> These patches don't have proper subjects.

The patch subjects were somehow mangled as it seems.
The original patch subjects were
- char/tpm: Fix uninitialized usage of data buffer
- char/tpm: Call tpm_transmit with correct size
- char/tpm: Zero buffer after copying to userspace

I've sent them to the kernel security list but as it seems during the
transmission to tpmdd the subjects were stripped.
If desired I can resend them.

> Consider what happens in memset if copy_to_user fails.
Sorry I don't see it. Can you please clearify the problem for me?

> One of the patches is flagged with "Discussion needed ...", without any
> evidence of that the discussion happened.
You're right about that - no discussion happened ;)

Peter
(p.s.: again in plaintext - sorry)