RE: [RFC] pstore: Don't use persistent store for normal shutdown

From: Seiji Aguchi
Date: Mon Mar 21 2011 - 15:50:10 EST

Hi,

>Seiji Aguchi added kmsg_dump options for all the "normal" ways
>that a system can be shut down (KEXEC, RESTART, HALT and POWEROFF).
>It doesn't seem useful to save the kernel log to persistent store
>in these cases.

I think we should save the tail of kernel log into persistent store
for both every shutdown and kexec path because these data are useful
in enterprise area.

I already described the useful case in lkml (see below).

normal shutdown:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2010/11/17/249

kexec:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/2/23/325