[build failure] Re: [GIT PULL] First round of SCSI updates for2.6.38 merge window

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Mar 21 2011 - 08:21:36 EST

* James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> This represents the usual round of driver updates (fcoe, lpfc, qla2xxx,
> zfcp, bnx2i, mpt2sas, megaraid_sas, iscsi, cxgbi and hpsa) plus one new
> driver (bnx2fc) and as a bonus we move libsas from the old libata eh to
> the new one paving the way for junking the old one (once we can get ipr
> converted).

The new bnx2fc driver does not build with module support disabled:

drivers/scsi/bnx2fc/bnx2fc_fcoe.c:1815:17: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/scsi/bnx2fc/bnx2fc_fcoe.c:1815:28: error: âMODULE_STATE_LIVEâ undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/scsi/bnx2fc/bnx2fc_fcoe.c:1878:17: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/scsi/bnx2fc/bnx2fc_fcoe.c:1878:28: error: âMODULE_STATE_LIVEâ undeclared (first use in this function)

and this build breakage has been reported to you two weeks ago:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2011/3/2/468

In the future please do not push broken code upstream or put it into
drivers/staging/scsi/ if it has outstanding problems. I'm using the hack below
for the time being.

Thanks,

Ingo