Re: [000/474] 2.6.33.8-longterm review

From: Greg KH
Date: Fri Mar 18 2011 - 15:47:41 EST

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:21:54AM +0100, John Kacur wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yeah, I know what you are thinking, "What, 2.6.33, are you crazy?"
> >
> > I'd prefer it if you didn't answer that question...
> >
> > Anyway, yes, a .33 kernel release, strange isn't it.
> >
> > Turns out there are a lot of people "stuck" on the 2.6.33 kernel series
> > for a variety of valid reasons, not the least being the Real Time
> > patchset.  So, in the copious spare time I have, I've been trying to
> > keep up with the patches that have been applied to the different
> > longterm and stable kernel trees and have been queueing them up for .33
> > as well.
> >
> > Here's the result of that.  A 474 patch series that is bigger than most
> > people ever want to review, or see in their inboxes.  Because of that,
> > it is ONLY being sent to the stable-review@xxxxxxxxxx mailing list.  If
> > you want to see the individual patches, look at the git tree of the
> > patch queue, or look at that mailing list.
> >
> > So, if you are using .33, please give this patch a test and let me know
> > if I've messed up anything (hint, I think I did, it's up to you to
> > figure it out, consider it a test to see if anyone actually cares about
> > this kernel version.)
> >
> > If I missed anything that I should have in here, please let me know.

> > Anything received after that time might be too late.
> >
> > The whole patch series can be found in one patch at:
> >        kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/longterm-review/patch-2.6.33.8-rc1.gz
> > and the diffstat can be found below.
> >

> There is no rc1, so I assume
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/longterm-review/patch-2.6.33.8.bz2
> is correct?

Doh, yes, that is correct, I forgot to put -rc in the Makefile, and my
scripts just picked it up and went from there. My fault.

> Which git tree do I want to use?

There is no git tree of the expanded tree of patches, just use that
patch on top of 2.6.33.7 please.

Or you can apply the quilt patchs, all 474 of them, which are included
in the longterm-2.6.33 queue on git.kernel.org

thanks,

greg k-h