Re: [RFC 2/3] xhci: Fix cycle bit calculation during stall handling.

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Thu Feb 24 2011 - 14:23:38 EST

Hello.

Sarah Sharp wrote:

+ if (ep_ring->first_seg == ep_ring->first_seg->next&&
+ state->new_deq_ptr < dev->eps[ep_index].stopped_trb)
+ state->new_cycle_state ^= 0x1;

The last line seems overindented.

Hi Sergei,

checkpatch.pl doesn't complain about it. It is not a good use of my
time to respin this patch for one stylistic change that is not a
violation of the Kernel community norms.

I really feel strongly that you are wasting the community's time by
commenting on style when it is only a violation of your personal style,
without providing any useful feedback on the code itself.

Not only of my personal style, as Dmitry's comment has shown. Like him, I had some trouble seeing where the *if* expression ends and the branch starts, due to both lines starting on the same level of indentation...

I feel so strongly that I'm seriously considering setting up a feedback
bot for you. It would run any patch you reply to through checkpatch.pl,
and send you a small reminder when the patch passes, but you complained
about style. I think it would allow you to have a sense of how
frustrating it is to receive these unnecessary stylistic comments.

Well, I'll try to save you that trouble and avoid commenting on your patches in the future.

Sarah Sharp

WBR, Sergei