Re: [patch 00/75] genirq: Overhaul for 2.6.39

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Mon Feb 14 2011 - 14:02:35 EST

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 03:26:11PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > >
> > > Did I get the file count right - roughtly how many files are affected throughout all
> > > architectures? The changes are massively intrusive and widely spread out so we
> > > cannot do them in one go, right?
> >
> > Alone the stuff which fiddles in irq_desc->status for whatever reasons
> > is >100 files in arch/. And that has do be done manually case by case.
>
> Some kind of arch TODO list wold be nice. Just to let the arch maintainers
> know what you expect from them (on top of the deprecated warnings).

One thing which can be done right now is to use the proper existing
accessors irq_to_desc(), irq_set/clear_status_flags().

The remaining fixes depend on the yet to be merged queue. I will do
the namespace cleanup with cocinelle after rc1 as this is purely
mechanical. The other few things which will be left need manual
attendance, I will post either patches or a TODO list.

Thanks,

tglx