Re: ubuntu boot problem after compiling new kernel

From: Amirali Shambayati
Date: Fri Feb 11 2011 - 11:56:08 EST

Thanks Chris and Anca,

I tried to compile latest kernel(2.6.37). but I receive an assembly
error: /include/trace/events/kmem.h:45: undefined reference to
'.L1747'. I didn't have any error at linux-2.6.18.1 compilation. I
read somewhere that kernel should be compiled by gcc-3.4 . Thus I
used gcc-3.4 to compile. Do you think it's a compiler issue? Should I
use another gcc version?
Sorry for asking stupid questions from you experts. I'm a newbie at
working with kernel.

Thanks in advance

--
Amirali Shambayati