Re: Commit 500f7147cf5bafd139056d521536b10c2bc2e154 breaks _resume_

From: Jeff Chua
Date: Tue Feb 08 2011 - 19:55:49 EST

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Chris Wilson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 22:11:29 +0800, Jeff Chua <jeff.chua.linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Same issue encountered even after a fresh build.
>
> I've been testing on the same hardware (x201s, 64bit, with and without
> external DP) and I've not encountered the same issue. Every time I look
> at the code, by not setting crtc->active we may incorrectly skip disabling
> an active output after resume. If the output is inactive, then disabling it
> *should* be a no-op, and thus safe. So I am still at a loss to understand
> what fails here and so whether we have a bigger problem on our hands.

Same X201s ... that's good. I'm using "echo mem >/sys/power/state" to suspend.

> Please can you add drm.debug=0xe to your boot parameters (or echo 0xe >
> /sys/module/drm/parameters/debug might just be enough) and attach the
> dmesg whilst resuming. Also attaching the failing Xorg.0.log would be
> useful to rule out any other issues.

Attached. The Xorg.0.log didn't log anything after resume because the
system hanged, and kernel log is "partially" logged. I've attached my
kernel .config as well.

And the console hangs even without starting X.

Thanks,
Jeff